Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pan Seared Scallops

 

If you haven't already guessed, I'm a massive seafood fan.  Our fishmonger friend was passing by us en-route from Billingsgate and it was a perfect opportunity to get some great quality, fresh seafood. His bag of goodies included lots and lots of oysters, mackerel, sardines, mussels and giant scallops. 

With great quality seafood, sometimes the best you can do is very little. I decided to serve the scallops pan-seared as a starter to our meal that evening.

I patted the scallops dried and set them aside, ready to fry. I walked out into our little garden and plucked some gorgeous smelling basil. I then set the frying pan on high, added 3 teaspoons of olive oil, a pinch of chilli powder and some salt. To this I added the basil. After a minute, with the pan searing hot, I added the scallop. I cooked them for about 2 minutes each side and then served them hot. The result is as in my little photo! I hope you try some scallops too :) Ann x

No comments:

Post a Comment