Tuesday, September 11, 2012

London Olympics & Paralympics 2012


London 2012 has finally come to an end. I intentionally held back from blogging about my Olympic Experience so as to relive it again after its all over. It was my first ever Olympic games and I think the UK did a fabulous job. I remember the watching the Athens games on TV many moons ago and wistfully longing to witness this magnificent event. I was however guilty of not fully engaging with tickets when the games came to where I lived. Thanks for my fully engaged, sports enthusiast husband, I did not miss out. My personal experience of the games included football at Old Trafford, Manchester, Fencing, Paralympics Athletics, Judo and Table Tennis. I was also very fortunate to witness the Victory Parade in between work meetings. Here are some of my sights from the games. I also love the Wenlocks and Mandevilles spread across Londontown. My favourite is the Sari Wenlock at Brick Lane. Perhaps I'll do a Wenlock spotting tour of London some day soon! Ann x

P.S. Please excuse low quality resolution as the photos were mostly taken from my phone.


Old Trafford Manchester

Egypt vs. New Zealand

Brazil team warming up. Belarus team in the distance.

Fencing

Future fencing champions?

Paralympics Table Tennis

Blind Judo

The Olympic Flame

Men's Discus. Aled Davis got GB a gold. Jaideep did his best for India.

Medals Ceremony

Track events

Sari Wenlock at Brick Lane

Medals Ceremony

The Orbit
Mo Farrah!
Sir Chris Hoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment