Saturday, May 4, 2013

I Heart London!



 

Despite being a non-Londoner who is not really bothered about living in the city, I love London. It has so much history and character oozing through its veins.  And yet, it is thriving, vibrant and has enough modernity to keep my shallower instincts hooked. For this and many other reasons, Ed and I visit London often. It isn't particularly far from where we live although I do wish the train tickets were a bit cheaper! This weekend, we decided to pop over to catch up with family. Ed's cousins suggested a restaurant in the fashionable One New Change building with spectacular views of The Shard and St. Paul's cathedral .  The views from the building so essentially London; the steep rise of steel and glass versus the ancient feel of the cathedral's majestic dome.



London is quirky. The London fashion scene is often non-conformist. In keeping with the spirit of the city,  I chose to don a quirky bicycle necklace along with a cheeky pair of Moschino shades. Due to our marginal escape from a triple dip recession and the economy not really where it should be, I continue to make fashion choices that are mostly thrifty. The necklace was the fruit of a long sale watch on ASOS and the shades are a fabulous TK Maxx find. I do love TK Maxx!  My Burberry inspired trench was an H&M flash sale find for £13 and my stem print scarf was a thrifty product of the Orla Kiley for Uniqlo collaboration.





I like to be comfortable whilst on my weekend expeditions and my no-brainer mullet dress from the Zara sale was a perfect choice. A no-brainer weekend dress, in my opinion, needs no ironing, fits well and makes you feel fab. And my beautiful Michael Kors bag was a birthday present from my husband via Bicester Village. Fashion is so much more fun when they are great deals! My favorite items of all in this ensemble is my little hat, just £1 from a Sue Ryder charity shop!

What bargains have you found recently? And have you any suggestions for great views of London? Ann x
 
To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook 

Photography by Edward Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment