Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Walk in the Woods


Along the lines of Andy's Paris trip in Devil Wears Prada, I needed a little sketchbook of  occasion appropriate outfits for this weekend. One such quandary was around what to wear for a morning with friends in nearby Fineshade Woods. The weather was cool and autumnal yet the sun kept teasing us the entire time. It wasn't cool enough for a warm jacket but not hot enough for anything too summery. We were to go for a walk in the woods but then have a social meal at friend's house. Most of all, I needed to feel cheerful so frumpy dressing just wouldn't do it.



To my rescue came a combination of thrifted cashmere and denim with a dose of silk. I even managed to channel a bit of the S/S14 sentiment from London Fashion Week via a healthy dose of pink. I've been slowly but surely building a few pieces of pure cashmere into my wardrobe and one of my recent finds was an M&S jumper via eBay. I paired that with a luxe silk scarf and dressed it down with an old denim skirt.


We had a lovely time at Fineshade Woods, catching up with friends, going for walks and watching our friend's kids play. The walks were picturesque and the kids had a great time building dens and pretending to wage battles with makeshift stick-guns. It is amazing that despite being avid travellers, there is so much more nearby that we are yet to explore. The We reckon we will be back with bikes soon.

I'd love to hear about your weekend explorations too! Ann x



Wearing M&S Cashmere Jumper-thrifted, H&M skirt-thrifted, Pretty Stern Silk Scarf, Michael Kors Fulton Bag, Barrats Brown Ankle Boots, Givenchy Sunglasses and Michelle Lowe-Holder Cuff

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .
Photography by Edward Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment