Saturday, August 9, 2014

St. Andrews on a Rainy Day



A colleague told me that St. Andrews was like a mini Edinburgh and that was enough to convince me to visit the place.  St. Andrews is also the holy land of golfers and where Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge first met. Ed and I decided on an day trip to St. Andrews over our wedding anniversary weekend . I was in charge of the itinerary. Its a good job I didn't plan it much detail as it started bucketing it down non-stop and there wasn't an awful lot we could actually do. It's a good job this aforementioned colleague also recommended The Seafood Restaurant, it was the highlight of what could have otherwise been a miserable day...



The original itinerary involved driving through Fife, stopping by the fishing village of East Neuk, walking around St. Andrews and finally heading back to Edinburgh via Falkland. None of this went to plan it was very foggy and wet and none of these otherwise wonderful places would have felt particular charming.


We headed straight to The Seafood Restaurant is an interesting juxtaposition of glass and concrete against the medieval coastal backdrop of St Andrews. The all glass interiors meant lovely views ( albeit grey) of the sea whilst we dined. The food was very well presented and tasty but the portion size was quite small.  I was told that the sunset views from the restaurant are amazing and I could see why!





After lunch we decided to brave the outdoors again but not for long. Quite unlike some dedicated golfers who were adamant that a game would not stop just because it was siling it down with rain.  Interestingly, we also came across a group of parasailers who were of the same mould as the golfers I mentioned earlier. Personally, I'd much rather we drinking a nice hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of bubbles in the warmth.





The only other disappointment was the charity shops. I had high hopes of getting my hands on some exqusite royal cast-offs in the local charity shops but the best I found was some iffy bits from Topshop ( the types of which I'd rather buy straight from Topshop!). There was no vintage Chanel or Ferragamo in sight anywhere. 

And finally, a quick outfit shot ( not the most flattering shot at all) to show you my Vika Gazinskaya dress that I bagged from Other Stories after days and days of stalking ( as it sold out completely when it first arrived!!).


Have you been anywhere nice recently? Ann x

Wearing: Vika Gazinskaya for Other Stories dress, Christian Dior shades, Kenzo watch, Ash Suede Spiral Ankle boots and Mulberry Alexa bag

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Instagram or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment