Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Walled Garden in Bellahouston Park


Glasgow often gets overlooked by the touristy crowd which is a shame as it has such beautiful places nestled amidst its urban landscape. I recently wanted to check out the Mackintosh exhibition at the House for an Art Lover and stumbled upon the adjacent Bellahouston Park in the process. It is one of the most beautiful compact gardens I have seen in a long time!


We visited Bellahouston Park on a beautiful and sunny in early Autumn...the weather is something I have been pleasantly surprised by as I was expecting to wear my woolly coat from about mid-August (whilst living in Scotland)!




The garden was an explosion of bright colours, beautiful topiary and symmetric tree lined paths. You know how much I love happy colours...this was a garden after my own heart. And, it is council owned and maintained...not some fancy private estate..well done Glasgow!


And a quick note on my outfit....I'm wearing my favourite jacket from the Marni for H&M collection a couple of years ago (you can still the odd one for a lot lot more on eBay sometimes) along with a recent charity shop acquisition...my J Crew capris...and Sheriff & Cherry handmade mirror sunglasses...I always get a reaction when I wear these... but not always a positive one!



Bellahouston Park is open daily from dawn until dusk and I highly recommend a visit, especially if you are in the Glasgow area. It is a beautiful urban oasis.



Where are your favourite gardens? Ann x

Wearing Marni for H&M jacket, Diego Regia top, TK Maxx scarf, J Crew trousers, Bloch shoes, Sheriff and Cherry Sunglasses and Loncgchamp bag.

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Instagram or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment