Monday, November 22, 2010

Pazham Pori (Plantain Fritters)

 
A few days ago, a cousin and wife came to visit and brought  with them a bagful of Keralite treasures.Over the last few years I had reconciled myself to not having access to some of my favourite home food including vegetables that you only find back home. My cousin though had discovered this Keralite store in Ipswich that sold pretty much anything you wanted. Muringkka, kovakkai, fish pickles etc. etc. His bag of treasure also contained ethapazham (plantains) and that inspired me to make one of my favourite desserts.
Ingredients:
2 plantains, halved and sliced lengthways into halves again
100g self-raising flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tsp salt
A pinch of turmeric
2 tbsp sugar
Water as required to make a suitable batter

Method:
Coat the plantain slices in batter and deep fry till golden brown. Serve hot. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment