Sunday, May 6, 2012

Would you like some jewellery?


I'm sure you've heard of Groupon. When it first arrived, I was addicted. I've now tried pretty much everything in town and was doing a voucher clear out and realised I had a jewellery making workshop to attend. I tried getting into jewellery making a couple of years ago whilst recovering from surgery but the kit I bought was rubbish and it put me off. So I wasn't sure what to expect as I rolled up at Riverside Beads.



I was pleasantly surprised as Donna who runs the place was a fantastic teacher and the kit was good. We were given random bead sets and it was left to us to get creative with designs while Donna taught us techniques. The results are what I've shown here. The blue pearl earrings are what I made once I got home as I was so excited! The course is still available and £20 for four hours and 6 pieces is pretty good value. Needless to say, I'll be going back to learn more!

I will try and post some more creations in time but am really looking forward to making a wire cuff bracelet. Happy Sunday. Ann x

No comments:

Post a Comment