Thursday, July 11, 2013

The French Influence


It started around my birthday, this French inspiration. At first it was the desire to focus on French cooking (encouraged largely by the husband) and a gift of  Larousse Gastronomique. I then dug out my favourite Diptyque candles from the sales last year and our house has been filled with a glorious Freesia scent most evenings. Slowly but surely my summer appears to be very much influenced by the French lifestyle. I bought multiple issues of French Vogue whilst holidaying on the continent and enjoyed brief spells of escapism, dreaming of Paris, Grasse and Nice.
For a bit of Parisian chic, I've also been using my sturdy Longchamp tote and holdall an awful lot this summer. Be it weekends away, work related stay and to maintain the style quotient on rainy English days, my Longchamp Le Pliage has been a godsend. Indulging in French goodness doesn't always come cheap so for a bit of fashion inspiration I've been eyeing up the cheap and cheerful Bonprix. Their cute Breton jumpers, bohemian floral dresses and scarves are perfect for summer days. As advised by Madame De la Fresange, I like dress up those blue jean days with bejewelled and ultra-pretty bright sandals and Bon Prix have some pretty cute ones. And, to finish my outfits, I spritz a little Hermes Un Jardin En Mediterranee which automatically lifts my spirits and mentally transports me to the orchards of Provence.

What are your favourite French style products? Ann x

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment