Sunday, July 14, 2013

Travelling in Style: Packing Essentials


Everything we could could be so much more enjoyable if we injected some style into it. That could be said about packing too. We tend to be on the go a lot; weekends away to see family or friends, work related travel or just the little or long breaks we choose to take. Some of these jaunts can sometimes be tiring/uninspiring which I felt the need to remedy. I found that a few smile inducing happy travel accessories are just what were needed. Here are some of my favourite travel essentials and packing tips

Luggage: I usually have a little holdall ready with a few essentials should yet another last minute over-nighter come my way. My Aquamarine Longchamp Le Pliage holdall is lightweight, sturdy, happy coloured and chic. My matching Longchamp Le Pliage tote is yet another travel essential; lightweight, waterproof and spacious. Should the travel related stay be more than a couple of days, I bring out my beautiful Antler Purelite four wheeler suitcases in blue. They even have little covers to protect them from scratches which they are so prone to. For bargains on Longchamp, keep an eye out on the Selfridges and Harrods sale or investigate buying in France. For great deals on Antler, I'd recommend Achica and Brandalley.



Travel Documents: Quirky travel wallets and passports covers are an absolute must in my world. I adore the Penguin series travel pouch and passport covers. That said, I recommend buying them on Amazon rather than the Penguin site as the customer service from the latter was pretty shocking.

Reading: I love reading Vogue but as there aren't usually many hours in my day for light reading, I carry them on my journeys. National Geographic Traveller is another travel favourite. I've recently started collecting Vogues from around the world and whilst travelling, they add an interesting dimension to my reading experience. I promise a post on my Vogue collection very soon.



Make-up: Its nice to keep a pretty face whilst travelling. My coccinelle make-up case is filled with a handful of essentials to keep me looking presentable: a Janeke gold brush, Chanel lipstick, Burts Bees Rhubarb Lip Shine and Maybelline Colossal Kajal amongst other things. To find a similiar make-up case, I'd recommed the Coccinelle in Bicester village.

Toiletries: I tend to use up any travel toiletries sets that were gifted during the course of the year on these aforementioned trips. A set of clear plastic bottles from Boots filled with my current favourite shower gels and shampoo are the other alternatives. Heroes in my toiletry bag include Avene Thermal Spring Water to keep me cool on balmy days, Rituals Gingko's Secret Hand Cream, La Roche Posay Anthelios Sunscreen to keep me from burning ( yes I'm brown and I still burn!) and Neal's Yard Lemon and Coriander organic deodorant.



Other Essentials: I always keep a travel checklist to plan each trip in detail. That way, I avoid forgetting anything important and subsequently spending over the odds at a later stage. My beautiful Kate Spade wallet is filled with every variety of card imaginable; frequent traveller cards, international credit cards, store cards to collect points on every purchase etc. My recent luxe edition to my travel pack is a gorgeous Smythson notebook that says 'dance like no one is watching'; how could I not succumb?! I like carrying little notebooks at all times to keep my thoughts organized and balance my many to-do lists.For the best deals on Smythson, check out the Heathrow airport store during sale season or Bicester Village.

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .

No comments:

Post a Comment