Sunday, November 24, 2013

Parisian Eclectic


I have a long list of favorite Parisian activities and one of them is vintage shopping. Rather than fighting crowds at some of the larger Parisian flea markets, we chose to explore the smaller and much more vintage focused Porte Des Vanves. It is on the outskirts of Paris, much smaller than the popular Clingnancourt market and has a reputation for being a good place to score a vintage Hermes scarf. Need I say more?!



We got to Porte De Vanves at around 9 AM on a rainy Saturday and it was about the right time. Some stall owners were only just setting up. There were loads of vintage jewels (Christian Dior, Givenchy, the odd Chanel as well as other fabulous unbranded bits), vintage books ( sadly all French), musical paraphernalia, not-so-great clothing stalls, a few selling Hermes ( but I wasn't that impressed by the choice) and a few 'proper' vintage stores.


My personal favourite was this little store ( apparently a regular at the market) selling 1920s and 30s lace clothing and as well as rolls of vintage lace. I nabbed a 2m 1920 delicate lace roll for Euro 6 which was a bargain ( I thought?). I *really* wanted a beautiful white (but now beige) lace wedding cap too but it simply didn't work on me. We completed our survey of the entire market in less than two hours before heading off to the nearby patisserie (near Porte De Vanves metro) for a spot of great value lunch ( artisan bread, smoked salmon and pure deliciousness) and some dessert ( raspberry tart and eclairs).
 


Paris is a lot like London on the weather front and so its important to dress practically and prepare for all conditions. I wore one of my go-to tube dresses from American apparel layered with a warm sparkly knit top from Sonia Rykiel. My DIY sparkly keds kept my feet comfortable whilst by trusty Zara 'urchin' coat kept the chill off. My autumn/winter uniform also regularly consists of my black bowler hat ( a great find on Stylist Pick).


I'd love to hear all about your favourite flea market or vintage shopping places too! Ann x

Wearing Sonia Rykiel sequin knit top, American Apparel tube skirt, earrings thrifted in NYC, Mulberry Alexa Satchel, Zara Coat, DIY sparkly Keds

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .
Photography by Edward Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment