Thursday, January 9, 2014

DIY Oversized Chunky Knit Scarf


Here's a fact; chunky wool and basic knitting have played an important role in keeping me sane in recent days. I'm no knitting expert as you already know. I learnt knitting at school but not properly. I had a go with a mohair knitting kit a few years ago; I mean what was I thinking! It was a recipe for failure. Thankfully, a session at Tilly's Vintage and the discovery of super chunky wool have entirely changed my perception of knitting. I'm still scared of starting off on more challenging projects but for now I'll share my recent production, a super chunky scarf.



You will need:
Super chunky wool 50g; I used Sirdar Big Softie in Mellow, 4 balls
UK size 10 needles
Satin ribbon, double sided

Pattern:
Cast on 36
Knit 36, Purl 36 continue this pattern for 70 rows.
Cast off
Fold the scarf in half ( width wise) , asymmetrically around the neck  ( such that you can slip it on or off) with the stockinette pattern on top and mark a location for tying both ends together with a satin ribbon.

Tie ribbon. Wear scarf. Keep toasty.

I hope you have fun knitting. Ann x

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment