Monday, July 21, 2014

Anniversary Meal at Angels and Bagpipes


This month is a bit special for Ed and I; it's our five year wedding anniversary! It seems like such a long time ago....and it makes me feel a bit...old!!  We would have loved to celebrate with a summer holiday but we can't! Instead, we've got to pack and move house again as our lovely (not) landlords have decided to sell up and be completely unhelpful in the process. They simply didn't care that we'd only just moved in or that we'd need to find a new home right in the middle of festival season...a very difficult task when everyone that has a vacant place is minting it on festival lets!! Anyway, moving on, we decided to celebrate with a nice meal and a day trip instead. We were hoping to get a table at the famous Tom Kitchin restaurant in Edinburgh for our anniversary night but it was booked up for months on end. Ed eventually found Angels and Bagpipes which looked like a nice little place that serve beautiful food. 



Obviously, I wore some of favourite pieces for the evening. Starting from the bottom, I'm wearing vintage Roger Viviers with the most amazing heels sourced from a Stockbridge charity shop!! My dress is Alice Temperley from an online flash sale and 80% off RRP! I'm carrying my beloved Lulu Guinnes mettlic lips clutch, a bargain from a TK Maxx flash sale. And finally, my jacket is Isabel Marant from the Net-a-porter sale...clearly not as ridiculous a bargain as the other bits but I see it as an investment piece.


Angels and Bagpipes has a rather modern setting compared to its neighbours. It felt like a nice place to celebrate whilst being completely unpretentious. The service was impeccable and we were greeted with complimentary bubbly as they'd twigged that it was our anniversary!


The food was beautiful and tasty. However, my soup had a very salty bit of duck in it and my main course was also very salty...even though it was very tasty! Ed was luckier with his course but the salt completely killed my appetite which meant I simply could not face dessert. To be fair, the lades serving us seemed genuinely upset that I hadn't finished my meal and offered to replace it. My appetite however had already gone on holiday. So as to not make her feel too bad, I ordered some tea for afters, even though I didn't want it. I must be becoming more English by the day!





All that said, I definitely recommend the restaurant, more than anything else because  of the impeccable service. I'll love you  and leave you with....a photo of my dear husband...!!  Ann x


Wearing: Isabel Marant Daisy Jacket, Alice Temperley Dress, Lulu Guinness Metallic Lips clutch and vintage Roger Vivier shoes.

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Instagram or Facebook.

Angels With Bagpipes Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment