Sunday, July 13, 2014

Edinburgh's Old Town


I've realised that in all my ramblings about Edinburgh, I've never once 'properly' shared snapshots from our walks around the city. I use 'properly' to qualify all those photos I share on my Instagram page that never seem to make it to the blog....Walking into Old Town has become a favourite after work activity in recent months. The summer days in Scotland are exceptionally long and you could wander into Old Town after 8PM and it would still be wonderfully bright (when its not raining that is....). Anyway, I finally managed to capture a few photos from our recent wander in to Old Town (on an incredibly busy Saturday afternoon) and you will hopefully begin to understand why I love this city so much!



Our usual 'thing' is to wander up Waverley steps up into Old Town, wander around exploring new streets and alleyways, stopping by a cafe or pub, exploring a few local ( non-touristy) shops, often stopping by Armstrong's vintage, before heading back home. This visit was a bit different as we had mother-in-law along and we wanted to explore Mary King's Close. However, when we finally got there, it felt a bit too steep and claustrophobic for mother-in-law and so we decided to give it a miss and go 'free close' spotting instead.



The weather was a bit hit and miss and when it eventually started chucking it down, we sought refuge first in a whiskey shop ( with Ed and MIL sampling and me snapping pictures) and then at the Edinburgh Festival Centre. The latter seemed like a good opportunity for a couple of quick outfit shots.  Don't ask me what my 'look' was; I throw on whatever I feel inspired to wear every morning and that day it was this random oversized top over maxi dress look.






When it stopped raining furiously, we continued our wandering, stopping by to watch various performances around town before finally heading to one of our favourite places, Mezbaan,  for a 'dosa and chutney' dinner.






Have you been to Edinburgh recently? If not, I hope my posts inspire you to visit my lovely city sometime! Ann x 
  
Wearing: Cos oversized top, Next maxi dress, Cambridge Satchel, Zara pumps and Dior shades. 
To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Instagram or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment