Thursday, March 12, 2015

DIY Pompom Bag


Up here in Scotland, summer currently feels like an abstract concept.......something that belongs to warm and faraway places whilst we continue to wear our rainproofs, winter woollies, and soldier through wind and rain. In order to cheer myself up, I decided to do a spot of really simple but happy DIY. Meet my new pompom bag!




I first spotted this Moroccan straw basket at the Stockbridge market many weeks ago. They came in both plain and pompomed varieties. The latter was clearly more fun but the colours did not talk to me. Also, the pompomed bags were nearly twice the price of the plainer ones. At a similar time, the nice folk at Deckchairstripes sent me some crafty bits and bobs, although it took me all those many weeks to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with them....a DIY pompom bag of course!


Like all my DIYs, this one is also very very simple...stick, sew and play! You will need:
-pompoms
-fabric glue
-needle and thread for sewing
-a pair of scissors

Arrange the pompoms in a pattern of your choice and then stick them in place with fabric glue. Once dry, sew the pompoms firmly in place using a needle and thread. And voila!


Have you been up to any DIY tricks recently? Ann x

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Instagram or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment