Monday, July 13, 2015

Malta Highlights 2: Sleima & St.Julian's


Sliema is the more commercial and possibly edgier side of Malta. St Julian's is the trendy bit and Valetta (as you will have seen from my previous post) oozes history. We chose to stay in Sliema because it was convenient, we found a great hotel ( The Palace) and it was a walkable distance from St.Julian's. The walk along the coast from Sleima to St.Julian's is beautiful and relaxing, and a great way to do some people watching!



Our Malta trip was planned as a birthday celebration and I wore my favourite Petit Bateau x Christian Lacroix breton dress for our celebration night in St.Julian's. The weather was perfect (mid-twenties in the evening) and it was made our evening walks along the promenade a real pleasure. We checked out local bars and restaurants before settling for an Italian meal. The meal itself was rather disappointing but we filled our bellies with the most delicious gelato to make up for it!


Despite my disappointing birthday meal, the area does have some really good restaurants. We tried two Maltese restaurants, Ta Kolina and Ta Kris. The latter was extremely popular and we were packed like sardines and several folk with and without bookings were turned away. Maltese food is delicious but they do need to learn a thing or two about portion control- my meal at Ta Kris could have fed a family of four! 


My friend David (a Malta expert) let me in on a little secret- the M&S cafe in Sliema has the most amazing views across to Valetta. The service is great and the prices inexpensive so a real winner! My other favourite thing about Sliema are the amazing old windows! You will see a lot of these on my Instagram as they are so intricate and pretty!


For more of my Malta photos, check out my Instagram pageHope you have a lovely week! Ann x

Wearing: Petit Bateau X Christian Lacroix and Carven shoes.

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Instagram or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment