Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pear, Chorizo and Baby Leaf Salad

It was Ed's birthday the other day and I had big plans for what I wanted to do to spoil him. As luck goes I was sick and we spent most of the early hours of his birthday in hospital with me feeling like a drugged pin cushion. I insisted on going home later in the morning as I wanted to spend whatever little was left of the day with him. Drugged pin cushions can't do kitchen marathons so in discussion with Ed ( no point cooking things he does not fancy) I decided on the menu for a 3 course meal. Simplicity was key and so I made this scrummy salad for starter. La Tasca do a similar salad as a part of their tapas selection and its a favourite with both of us.
Making the salad could not be simpler. You make a bed of baby leaf salad and drizzle balsamic vinegar and chilli oil. I then layered the salad with chorizo slices and fresh pear (not very ripe), added a bit more seasoning and we were ready to munch. I thoroughly recommend this for dinner parties as it looks good, tastes great and takes very little time! Ann x

No comments:

Post a Comment