Sunday, January 18, 2015

DIY Embellished Jumper


For me, 2014 was a year of streamlining life. Moving house twice might have influenced that a little bit. Over the last year, I've been analysing the clothes I have got the most wear out of (whilst making me feel good). As I've literally lived in my Isabel Marant and Etre Cecile sweatshirts all through Autumn, I figured adding another good statement version would be a sound idea. I've lusted after a Markus Lupfer embellished version for a long time but instead of shelling over a £150 on one, I decided to make an embellished version of my own design for a fraction of the price.





To create your own embellished version, you will need:
-A good quality plain sweatshirt. I bought my navy one from Gap for £9 and it's great.
-Fabric glue
-Embellishments:  sequins, diamante or stick-on designs. I found mine in a tiny little haberdashery in Mangalore
-Outline design
-Sewing pins


Method:
-Arrange your design on the sweatshirt. Sewing pins are useful to accomplish this. 
-Lay the sweatshirt flat and map out your design on it
-When you are happy with the arrangement, you fabric glue to stick the embellishment on to your sweatshirt.
-Press and hold each adhesion for about ten seconds to allow it to set.
-Leave it to dry for 24 hours



Your embellished sweatshirt is now ready to wear! Fancy giving it a go? Ann x

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on BloglovinTwitter,Instagram or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment