Friday, January 18, 2013

Floaty Light Maxis, Classic Margiela and Pune Nightlife



While its snowing in the UK, I am absorbing sunshine, vitamin D and culture during my last few days in India. I love wearing floaty maxis in sunny weather, it gives one an air of carefree-ness and summer light. I love them better when they are made for my petite frame. Next did a bloody fabulous job last year and this colourblock maxi from their SS12 collection is a wardrobe favourite. And, it is perfect weather for the temperate weather here in Pune. True to my style, I stalked it for months and bought it for a 60% off in the January sales. Also, it is easily dressed up or down using the right accessories.


I've teamed my maxi with a Margiela for H&M Glove Clutch which is a re-edition from AW 2007/8 collection. And, I got it 60% off in the H&M sales- very lucky indeed. Top tip: Most designer/ high-street collaborations have a peak phase when everyone buys everything they can. However, if you are patient and observant enough, a few pieces will come back and slip into the sale. That is when frugal fashionistas should buy. I did just that with Marni for H&M too.


Here, I am dressed up to go out for a few cocktails in downtown Pune. Pune is a bit like Mumbai's younger sister- it has plenty of good restaurants, bars and live music venues and caters to a large student population. We checked out the Kue Bar which is a brilliant venue, nice enough cocktails and music. I was particularly impressed by its decor. They did not allow indoor photography at Kue Bar so I've sourced this photo from a write up by Ankur Borwankar. I love a city with many endearing faces and Pune is just that. Traditional Maharashtrian yet free spirited and willing to embrace the new.

Sending you virtual sunshine and cocktails. Ann x


No comments:

Post a Comment