Friday, January 25, 2013

Quirky Shops: Either Or Pune, A Visual Delight


There is nothing cooler than a quirky shop with a strong ethos. I stumbled upon Either Or whilst in Pune, India and fell in love with the place. Everything from the shop's front door to all the bric-a-brac it sold had character. More importantly, the store is a supporter of local artisans and designers which, in an age of fast fashion,  is a wonderful thing. I liked the shop so much and Ed took so many photos that I will be writing two posts about this lovely boutique.



Either Or isn't just a fashion store. It sells a lifestyle that encourages ethnic design, sustainable fashion and creative ideas. I can't wait to get back home and hand paint my kilner jars and stuff them with wild flowers. Or perhaps, use block printing to revive a pair or of tired shoes. My favourite things included the intricately embroidered and colourful printed cushion covers, painted teapots, and hand-painted lampshades. The service was also very good-Laxmi and her team treated us to fresh tender coconut water whilst we browsed. Ed and I were impressed. Either Or has two sections within the same building to cater to its large and varied stock. The store also has a little lounging/reading area which stocks some fabulous reads including Handmade in India.


If you are on the look out for unusual fashion items, ethnic jewellery, colourful home decorations- this is the place to head to. Either Or also stocks some fabulous craft sets which are great for kids of all ages. I bought a few sets of crafty things for my little sister and myself. Expect crafty blog posts relating to bandhani and block printing at some point. Also, watch this space for my next post on Either Or featuring one of the designers they support. Keep colourful. Ann x





No comments:

Post a Comment