Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Defying Gravity


Do you remember my things to do before my blog turns one list? I'm pleased to report that I've been ticking some of these off! On my list was a quirky partying item which was fulfilled thanks to a chance find on Living Social and the subsequent revelry at the Down Hall Hotel. Unfortunately, the predictable unpredictability of the weather here meant it rained non-stop all weekend. Gone were our plans of wandering the gardens of the country house hotel, playing garden chess and taking outfit shots against the spectacular backdrop of the hotel. Some gentle persuading ( and a few strops) later, the husband agreed to do some low light outfit shots in our fabulous room. Here, I've styled another quirky and ethical look thanks to a few reliable e-commerce friends and one of my favourite shops in forever.



My outfit was styled around my favourite gravity-defying Eamz boots, a real bargain via Cocosa. It is a bit of challenge to style big-statement wardrobe items, as you are probably aware. I've usually worked these walkers with a very plain dress but I decided to get a bit braver this time. In fact, I've teamed it with another statement piece, my O.M.O choli top, worn over a plain cashmere jumper. My skirt is an old yet versatile corduroy number from the Joules sale. And, there is of course my bag BFF, the Mulberry Alexa. The Eamz boots are extremely comfortable and very sturdy. My choli top was handmade by women artisans ( working for O.M.O) from recycled fabrics. O.M.O is one of my favourite shops and I will be writing about it sometime soon.

A few details

Also, I haven't yet got round to writing a post about my experience at London fashion Week. FYI, the choli top combo I'm wearing here is what I worn on Day 1 of LFW with a pair of skinny black jeans. I'd love to hear about how you style your statement pieces too? And, what do you make of my gravity defying boots? Ann x

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .


No comments:

Post a Comment