Friday, April 26, 2013

DIY Mouse Flats Inspired by Marc Jacobs


Readers of my ex-blog Made by Ann may remember me lusting after a pair of Marc Jacobs mouse flats whilst strolling through the Parisian district of St. Germain. I'd decided then that I would do a DIY project inspired by those lovely flats. I managed to buy of pair of red flats for less than £2 whilst shopping in Mumbai's Linking Road street market and they seemed a good enough choice for my project. Here is how I went about it.

You will need:
  • 1 pair of flats, bright colours work best ( try H&M and Primark sales or charity shops for cheap as chips shoes)
  • Felt in two shades of brown. I used leftover bits from my Advent Calendar project.
  • Craft Glue
  • Glitter Glue
  • Cotton bud
  • Ribbon for whiskers
  • Scissors
  • Pencil
  • Tracing paper


Method:

Trace out the ears, eyes and nose of the mouse on tracing paper and use this to cut out the felt. Cut thin strips of ribbon to act as whiskers. Glue these on the shoe and let it dry. Once dried, add some glitter glue to the eyes, ears and nose to make the shoes sparkle. You can customise your shoe according to how you like it. Perhaps use beads for the eyes instead? Or fine wire for the whiskers?

Let me know what you make of these. My husband thinks they look like 'my first shoes'. My friends are not convinced I should wear these to work. Would you? ;) Ann x



No comments:

Post a Comment