Friday, April 12, 2013

DIY Dainty Neon Crytal Necklace


Like most of you, my tastes have changed over the years. That means I once bought a lot of 'tat'. I try to do less of that now. Whilst sorting out my jewellery boxes, I found this little crystal necklace which is pretty enough but isn't quite me. I've been wanting to do a nail polish crystal necklace project for a while now and I thought this necklace was perfect for it. Here is how I did it:



You will need:
A crystal rhinestone necklace ( you can find really cheap ones for about £1 in charity shops or in the high street sales)
Nail polish of your choice
Cotton buds for tidying up the nail polish
Old newspaper to use as a base
   

Firstly, decide what style you want to go for. Design houses like Anton Heunis, Dannijo,Tom Binns etc can provide plenty of inspiration. High street stores like Zara and H&M are pretty good too. In my case, I chose to bring out the best in the necklace's inherent style. I chose yellow and green pastel/neon shades to bring out the flower and leaf patterns in the necklace. I chose to not colour all the crystals as I like a little sparkle. And that was it! It took about 10 minutes to dry properly and I was ready to play princess :). I love the quick and unexpected transformation of this necklace. What about you? Ann x


To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .

No comments:

Post a Comment