Sunday, August 11, 2013

Quirky and Handmade


I enjoy collecting unique pieces of fashion, especially those that are handmade and come with a story. Our annual trip to India is never complete without a quick stop at O.M.O. , a tiny little boutique that has been my go-to place for nearly ten years. Here, women artisans hand sew most of the items on sale using traditional Indian fabrics and techniques. My most recent trip to the place yielded a beautiful summer dress with a quirky twist.




Given the weather we are accustomed to in England, I expected to wear this only on a handful of occasions. However, during a recent trip to Southern Italy, where balmy weather reigns, my quirky handmade dress got plenty of use. Our time in Pizzo was spent mostly wandering the historic town centre and lazing away at Enrico's coffee shop and gelataria. I teamed the dress with my trusty silver pumps (R.I.P) which after six years of good service, finally gave up at the end of the trip.


The vegetation in and around Pizzo was unique too, quite unlike what I've seen elsewhere. Tall bamboo like grasses swathed the countryside around Calabria. The meadows were filled with bright and colourful flowers. Bougainvilleas were everywhere and they reminded me of childhood days in India. All this natural beauty seemed the perfect backdrop for my bright quirky outfit.


Have you a unique something in your wardrobe too? I'd love to hear about it! Ann x

Wearing: O.M.O Triangle Dress, M&S Silver Pumps, Vivienne Westwood Sunglasses

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .

Photography by Edward Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment