Thursday, August 15, 2013

Summer Crafts: Pressed Flowers Art

I remember pressing flowers for fun as a child. That was a long time ago. More recently, I've been wanting to capture some of the glorious blooms in our garden onto something more permanent and artistic. Art with pressed flowers seemed the obvious choice. It is incredibly easy to do and the results are truly lovely.

For pressing flowers you will need:
Fresh colourful flowers and foliage of your choice
A big fat book or two
Absorbent paper

For crafting with the pressed flowers:
Craft glue
Double sided sticky tape, optional
Picture frame (charity shops are a great source)
Card sheet


Method:
Place your flowers between absorbent sheets of paper inside a heavy book. Lay a heavy weight (or extra books) on this book and wait for 3 weeks. By the end of the 3 weeks, you flowers will be dried and pressed flat

To frame these flowers, use card paper of your choice ( or use a printed paper if you prefer) and cut to fit the picture frame. Attach flowers to the papers using a combination of craft glue and double sided tape. It depends on what your sticking as I managed with glue for most things but needed some tape for the lavender. Frame when the glue has dried. Your very unique nature inspired work of art is now ready to go on display!


Over the coming weeks I will write about other garden inspired crafts. If you want to join me in these crafting adventures, I suggest you start collecting and drying some lavender and herbs now. Watch this space!

I'd love to hear your all about your summer crafting stories too! Ann x

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .


No comments:

Post a Comment