Sunday, August 4, 2013

Top Crafting Apps



You probably already know that I've been shortlisted for this year's Cosmopolitan Blog Awards in the Crafting Blog category.  A big 'thank you' to all who nominated me! This is hugely exciting news but it also means I'm feeling the pressure to deliver quality craft-related content. An incredibly busy day job with lots of travel means I literally burn the midnight oil on the blog. However, I use the help of my trusty Iphone to find exciting crafting inspiration through some really cool apps. So when I was recently asked to be part of dial-a-phone's campaign of favourite mobile apps, it came as a no-brainer that I talked about these. Here are some of my current favourites:

Mollie Makes: I love the Mollie Makes magazine and was delighted to find their Iphone version. The mag is full of creative ideas, inspiration and lots of  brilliant projects. I'm a fan. Even better, you can get a free trial version for a month!

i stitches: I recently learnt to Crochet and am very excited about putting it to good use. I had no interest in knitting or crochet whilst at school but somehow as I've got older, these crafts seem particularly cool. The istiches app is a handy reference for crochet and knitting on the go.

How Do:You can find a DIY for pretty much anything under the sun at How Do. I've found it particularly helpful with my little home improvement projects. You can upload your own projects to How Do and share.
 

Pinterest: This isn't quite a crafting app as much as an inspiration finder for life in general. If I need to find ideas for a particular craft projects or am just figuring out the next fun thing to do with jam jars and tins, Pinterest is where I head to.Do check out my crafty page on Pinterest

Etsy: This is where I head to when I've either given up on a craft project but really need that specific thing in my life or just to find some handmade loveliness. It has some of the best handcrafted goodies from independent designers. A must visit website and an equally fab app.
 

What are your favourite crafting apps? Ann x

To get in touch and see the latest on all my adventures, follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Facebook .

No comments:

Post a Comment