Sunday, November 11, 2012

Engineering meets Gastronomy at the Wapping Project



I love visiting London. Its an inspiring place and home to the quirkiest of restaurants and boutiques. Ed and I enjoy exploring unusual eating places and the Wapping Project was on the list. I vaguely knew it was a decommissioned hydropower station of sorts but that was about it. What I saw was thoroughly was inspiring, especially when you've seen several un-glamorous versions of similar structures. Clearly, creative thinking and entrepreneurship can achieve the unexpected. The Founder and Director of Wapping, Jules Wright, was at Wapping and gave us some fascinating insights into the structure's past. It once enabled the operation of lifts, machinery in most of Central London and also provided back-up for the Tower Bridge. For more info check out the Wapping Project website.  Now I need to get my colleagues thinking on what defunct structures we can convert into cool projects. The food was top-notch and the ambiance and service could not be faulted either. As we got to Wapping after a long day at the Olympics, I'm dressed in more of day wear. Here I'm wearing an Americal Apparel tube dress and  £1 cheery necklace from a local charity shop. Ann x







No comments:

Post a Comment