Wednesday, November 14, 2012

In bed with Heston

I've had the day off work today and am recovering from a mildly traumatic visit to the dentist. With half my mouth anesthetized, I've had to take it easy. So instead of working on the allotment, I've decided to spend the afternoon in bed with one of my favourite books-The Fat Duck Cookbook by Heston Blumenthal. If you know me, you'll know of my penchant for experimenting with slightly bonkers recipes. I have great admiration for the much more bonkers experiments that Heston conducts and the book has often provided me with plenty of ideas and inspiration. It describes Heston's journey in discovering/developing what is now popularly known as molecular gastronomy. It also makes me want to pack my bags right now and go on a gastronomical road trip around France. The book is packed with lots of detailed information and the photography is absolutely brilliant. Whilst I've not quite got to the nitrous oxide pump stage, I'd love to try the mustard ice cream! Have you come across any bonkers recipes of late? Ann x








No comments:

Post a Comment